Friday, December 4, 2009


Ronna Sarvas Weltman's polymer clay ring (we swapped her clay ring for my felt bracelet at Beadfest) inspired an entire line of felt rings. In the top photo her polymer ring is flanked by my first two felt ones. She is author of ANCIENT MODERN: POLYMER CLAY + WIRE JEWELRY.
The next photo shows several of the styles I have been working on. My workshop: Felt Component Jewelry, will be enhanced by the addition of these new designs and techniques.
It makes my heart sing every time I see someone wearing felt jewelry. So, at the studio class
this week, with 4 of us wearing felt jewelry, my heart was singing an aria!
Amy, shown here, wore her felt pendant with beaded bail. If I recall correctly, this was to have been featured in the gallery section of HAND FELTED JEWELRY AND BEADS.
BTW, The blue beaded necklace Amy is holding, she bead-crocheted a few months agao when I shared this techqniue that Kumiko had shared with me when I was in Japan in January. Kumiko had learned it from her protege, Keiko Seki, one of the contributing authors of the recent article in Bead and Button Magazine on what they call Turkish Bead Crochet. I have beaded with Keiko on both of my visits to Japan. Her contribution to the article was translated into English by Motoko Natsubori. You've read about Motoko here in previous entries. She interpreted for me when I taught in Japan each time and translated MASTERING BEADWORK into Japanese. I hope to see her at the Bead and Button Show in June.
And on the same evening, Elaine wears her felted beads bracelet. Lovely.
Jill is wearing one of my new felt rings (can't see it so good here) while working on Fireflies at Sunset necklace. I will teach this project again at next years's Bead and Button Show. It is Amy's exciting palette of colors that makes this piece so popular and the versatility of the stitch that makes it such a valuble technique to learn.





No comments:

Post a Comment