Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yoshie Marubashi came to Kinokuniya Bookstore to say hello during my 4th of July beading workshop/book signing event. Here with us is John Fuller, store manager. Look at the beautiful cuffs these new beaders completed in class.

We scheduled two more workshop/booksigning events, to include a trunk show of my beadwork and felt: $25 registration fee includes instruction, materials and supplies!

October 25, 2-5pm. Registered participants will learn how to sculpt using wool and a felting needle. They can expect to finish a small item such as jewelry, ornament or decorative item.

November 15, 2-5pm. Registered participants will hand felt flowers using wet-feltmaking
technique and an array of fine merino wool. These are both wearable and decorative.


On my way from Grand Central Station to Kinokuniya I stopped at 70 West 40th St for a bite of lunch at Le Pain Quotidien . The comfortable and welcoming ambiance drew me in. The delicious and healthful cuisine offered this seasoned foodie a new treat: farro . Here is it offered as a salad in combination with raw beets and carrots and garnished with nori and sesame seeds. Yum. Did I say how charming and knowledgeable the waiter was? And...I had a macha latte that was so good. This morning I was eager to try my hand at making one at home, and did, and it too was yum!


From my seat at this huge communal table in the center of the dining room I could see the pastry case, blackboard of the day's specials and even catch a glimpse of the barrista at work.

When I returned to the Poughkeepsie train station, the entire station, all the platforms, and several surrounding blocks were teeming with people and cars and kids and dogs and everyone eager to take in the fireworks. Once the display was under way I was able to make it to my car in the parking garage and head through the congested streets towards home.


Mary Tynes came to the studio this week and put the finishing touches to her Ostara's Emerging Blossoms Necklace. She had been in the workshop at Beads By Blanche a couple weeks ago.
While at Blanches, we put the Flat Polygon Bracelet on the schedule for Tuesday evening 6-9 on September 22nd. Here is the one Beatrice made last week in the studio class. When Blanche posts it on her website, I'll offer a link.








No comments:

Post a Comment