Saturday, February 13, 2010

Have you ever had it happen, that a most ordinary sight captures your attention in a new way, and then haunts you for days? The other day, while taking my walk, it was the cracks in the asphalt road. They struck me as beautiful. Reminding me of arial views I've seen of rivers, and their tributaries. Making me think of arteries, veins and capillaries. The silhouette of treetops against the gray skies of winter, whose outermost branches look fragile and delicate.
Today, seen with new eyes, it is the antique mirror that hangs over the mantle, that fascinated me. The glass, less than uniform and far from perfect, presents a distorted reflection of the room. It is beautiful, like seeing my room through the eyes of Modigliani. And by changing my vantage point just a very few inches, I can alter the entire composition.
It is good to see the extraordinary in the mundane. And it is even better to be so easily amused.

No comments:

Post a Comment