Friday, March 16, 2012

Weekend with the Delaware Valley Bead Society

My trusty Garmin directed me beautifully to the D.Vine, yup, divine, home. Debbie is gracious and charming and lovely. We met a few of the Delaware Valley Bead Society members for Thai dinner. Actually, it was one of those Asian fusion restaurants, though trendy and popular, I just don't "get". Thai and Japanese and Chinese are distinctly different cuisine. But hey, I'm old enough to recall how popular the "continental" restaurants were a few years back. It is just as much a stretch to present Italian and French cuisine from the same kitchen....,I digress, sorry.
But, before I leave this topic, my lemongrass grilled shrimp with veggies was superior and I, dare I say, envied Karen's sushi and sashimi entree. No have not seen anything that fresh and authentic looking outside of Japan.
This weekend we will felt no few than 3 bracelets. Plus they will also learn undulating peyote, my fast new way that I had to "dope-slap" myself for not inventing in time for MASTERING BEADWORK, double needle odd-count peyote and a secure, quick and sparkling bezel. These 3 or others we'll explore, will be used to complete each bangle.
This group has some very talented jewelry makers: beaders, metal workers and metal clay sculptors, and fewer bead stitches...until the end of the weekend. There will be a dozen or so mad hot bead stitchers soon.
Well, more fun to share after the workshop. Goodnight for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment