Monday, June 4, 2012

B&B Show isn't the only event in Milwaukee this week

Last Night's class was the Sparkling Felt Bangle. Students finished and wore their completed (though damp) fresh felt bangles from class. Afterwards, exhilerated by the thrill, some of us sought out a nightcap at the hotel bar. It was a bustling place when we arrived. I hadn't taken notice but, Jesse Jackson is here in Milwaukee, actually, here in this bar. Jay sent me an email that Al [Gore, I assume] is also here. They are joining the throngs of folks imported into the state capital to either support Tom Barrett (in this case) or Gov. Walker. I think I mentioned in an earlier post those republican Walker supporters I met on the shuttle. Tomorrow everyone votes. We'll see.
Plus our hotel is full of roller derby dames sporting tats, tanks, interesting hosiery and short shorts. Word is that it is their conference. The photo here is off the Internet.
Gotta run...delivering the first size 12 Tulip beading needles to vendors here.

1 comment:

  1. Are you serious about the size 12 Tulip needles?!

    I love these Tulip needles and have been using the same pack of 4 since I purchased them in January...the ONLY thing I would change is to have them in a size 12! Oh I hope they are the regular length beading needles and not short like the 13s!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now I have to hunt them down and buy 3 packs that will last me for years!

    ReplyDelete