Monday, September 28, 2009

Here is a simple and handy tool for both beadwork AND feltmaking. It is a rubber finger for collating, counting paper money and filing. I found them the stationary store in boxes of a dozen, sized small, medium or large. I was teaching the complex cane hand felted beads workshop and warning the class that winding the wool takes its toll on your index finger and thumb. A clever participant recommended these. They helped.
While beading this weekend I discovered another use. When it was difficult to pull the needle through the beads, I slipped my index finger into it and was able to pull the needle through. Then I just slipped my finger out and kept on beading.
This pentagram/pentagon shaped pendant of Swarovski 4mm bicone crystals is lovely to wear and a delight to make. More importantly, the teacher in me adores this project as a vehicle to teach easily and joyfully the versatility of cubic right angle weave. The newly designed chain is strong and durable although composed of sharp crystals.



No comments:

Post a Comment