Thursday, October 20, 2011

On my way to Bead Gallery Inc

It was a gorgeous drive to Melrose MA. Any drive that exceeds 4 hours, really gets to me. Fortunately I realllly love the destination...Bead Gallery Inc and the owner Genevieve.
After shipping out a couple Tulip orders and lunch with Dad, I took back roads up to Rte 90. Dutchess and Columbia county are so beautiful with their sprawling farmlands and hills.


Midway, I stopped to visit Pat Pawlowicz in East Longmeadow at her bead (and needle felting) store called Colorful Creations Bead Company.
Pat credits the store as the brainchild of her then 11 year old daughter Emily Rose Pawlowicz. Emily made gemstone jewelry which she sold quite successfully at that tender age, and suggested to Pat that they open a bead shop. Emily has a dual major in fine art and business. It is clear that she can exercise her creativity and make it "work" for her.
Pat just published a book on needle felting and she displays many of her sculptures in the shop. She teaches and exhibits at the bead shows too.
Right across from her shop is


Maureen's Sweet Shoppe. We stopped for a quick chat and a bite. The marshmallow beneath the chocolate is also made fresh on premises! Yum.
It's quite late. Better say goodnight for now. I'll share our weekend as it develops.Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment