Thursday, November 12, 2009

Look at these sweet Tetra-Phyls bracelets (designed and taught by Phyllis Dintenfass) that Pat Reisner completed from that class with Phyllis at Beadfest. I love how they dance and flutter when she wears them.
A couple posts ago I spoke about the kits we're working on for Midnight in Manhattan. Meanwhile I had to ramp up the inventory of these beads. Well, I am not sure if you can tell from the photo but, both of these are each worked up in size 8 Japanese seed beads. One is the original and one is worked up from the fresh delivery of beads I ordered for the kits. Yikes! There is such a difference in the way the Matsuno worked up compared with the Miyuki. The original piece is firmer and the new one is loosey-goosely and UNacceptable. So, what is the harm in laying in even MORE beads?

Customarily you can find me teaching on a couple Thursdays a month at Beadzo in Tivoli NY . This month there is only one class and it is TUESDAY 17th.
Call to reserve a seat 845-757-5306. Lise wants to felt and bead an implosion, so I'll have the materials with me for her, and you if you wish to join in. I'll show Terri and Cookie some jewelry designs that use the new bezeled rivolis they have been making with me. Tara might bring Charlotte and perhaps they'll felt and bead a small purse like that shown in the photo. Makes a great gift!
Sunday I'll be back at Kinokuniya Bookstore in NYC (across the street from Bryant Park). We'll make a felted flower from 2-5pm in a specially discounted $25 workshop! Call to reserve your seat 212-869-1700. I'd love to link you to a sexy website but, truth is, they are an amazing bookstore with a woefully blah and uninformative website. I'll bring Turbo Felting Boards for everyone to use. There will also be a trunk show of my felted and beaded jewelry and a booksigning. Come by and felt with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment