Sunday, May 10, 2009

Almost the entire day has passed and I haven't picked up a single bead. Did a little felting though. That new material I am calling the Turbo Felting Board made quick work of the nuno felted samples I am making especially for the October Columbus weekend workshops at the Bead Gallery Inc http://www.beadgalleryinc.com/

Until today, I'd been undecided about whether to ship the Turbo Felting Boards to the Bead and Button Show for the Felted Beaded Bangle classes (three sessions: Sunday May 31, Tuesday June 2 and Sunday June 7. And then I spent a better part of today sending an e mail to each person on the roster for my 8 classes. To the registered felters, I promised to have the new T.F.B. for them to use (optional purchase). There, I decided.








There are over 2 dozen beaders on the list that have beaded with me at the B&B Show several times. What an honor it is to have them choose to bead/felt with me once again.
In addition to seeing these friends and fellow beaders I only see once a year, I look forward to meeting in person Saori, owner of Twinkle Beads and an editor of Germany's first beading magazine, Perlen Posie. She became acquainted with my work and lessons when she took the certification course in beadweaving in Japan. We have visited on the phone and she has interviewed me for an article she is writing for their premier issue. How exciting.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment