Saturday, May 23, 2009






Everyone in class at Beadzo on Thursday evening (I'd have a link you could click to but there is not website for Beadzo. Their phone number is 845-757-5306 in Tivoli NY) decided to bezel 14 and 18 mm rivolis with my new recipes using polygon stitch. Everyone finished the first one in under an hour! Needless to say, they made multiples. We discussed the earrings, bracelets and pendant designs that they will become. This is a mad hot way of wrapping cabs and rivolis in a beaded bezel.



Yesterday I spent the day at Mohonk Mountain House hiking and feasting with my folks. It was a spectacular day. Tree hugger that I am, I was in my glory. The catkins, as I've said in previous entries, thrill me for the way they look like earrings. The new growth on evergreens also inspires in me, designs for jewelry.

The drape of spruce branches and the delicacy of these blossoms on display in the lounge also make me want to capture them in beads.
On August 3 and 18 this summer I will again demonstrate feltmaking in the Barn Museum at Mohonk Mountain House, from 1-4pm.
Today between stints in the garden, I documented the various Polygon bezel recipes that have been collecting on index cards. As soon as that shipment of rivolis come in, I'll polish off that necklace for Bead Gallery, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment