Saturday, September 18, 2010

Next weekend Indiana Bead Society

Next weekend Ill be teaching at the Indiana Bead Society. We'll fit 2 short but productive and adventurous workshops into one day; spend a day beading Ostara's Emerging Blossoms lariat; and a day creating complex canes of colorful wool, felting them until solid and fulling them until firm, cutting the cane into beads and stringing a necklace! A full and satisfying day. As a bonus, we're offering a deeply discounted workshop to registrants.


It is a reversible bracelet made using a stitch that i devised myself after years of exploring all the known stitches. It is based on the curious threadpath of [regrettably named] polygon stitch, that is: pass through beads, then add beads by passing under thread between beads. Once the first few rows are in place, the beadwork corrugates as you work. It is sort if magical how certain beads slide on top or beneath others.
Today I'm wearing one of my favorite complex cane felt bead necklaces.


-Looks like I'll be teaching the Complex Cane Felt Beads Necklace at the Bead and Button Show in June. After years of proposing various samples, it finally made it into the offerings. I've received some preliminary notice about classes they've chosen from my submitted proposals. I'll post more about all 8 or so classes when details firm up.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment