Friday, November 12, 2010

Craft Show Season Begins...





Elizabeth, Designs from Fenwood, and I played around with beads and iPod apps in the studio today. On her way back to Fenwood, she'll set up her booth at Mercury Grand Hotel in Poughkeepsie. Tomorrow and Sunday she will sell her hand felted scarves & home goods as well as her beaded jewelry at the Dutchess County Arts Council Fine Art & Craft Market. Though this is her 3rd year at this annual event, this year's show is in this new venue. It is easy access right there on Rte 9/South Rd and promises to have ample and easy parking and provide a larger accommodation for more vendors. She dyed the silk for her scarf shown above, that same luscious saffron as the one featured in HOW WE FELT.


Earlier today, when I wasn't obnoxiously enthusing about my new ipod, and of course "selling" her on new apps, she worked an a bracelet similar to this one above. A visitor to her website spotted it there and commissioned one for herself.


Elizabeth has cultivated repeat-customer base. Some of these customers collect her beaded-bead pendants like this undulating peyote one.
If you can't get to the show this weekend, visit her etsy store.


Charlotte will be selling her beadwork in Woodstock NY at the Jewish Community Center's craft show. She used to come when I taught classes at the Woodstock Bead Emporium. Over the years, as my dance card filled with international teaching assignments, I reduced the number of local classes I offer. That the Woodstock Bead Emporium closed and, that there is a single local venue on my teaching calendar, Charlotte now comes to my classes at Beadzo in Tivoli, NY. When she came to class last night she wore this bead crochet necklace that she finished since that bead crochet class.


Last night I also snapped this shot of Yvette's necklace. Lise's sister, Yvette, is here visiting and being a beader herself, accompanied Lise to class. These puffy beaded beads are peyote stitched. Their shapes, the color combination and composition makes for an eye catching piece. Hope she comes our way again soon.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment