Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Gift Boutique




This Saturday, 5-8pm, is the opening celebration of my library's (town of esopus library) Holiday Gift Show. Local artists are invited to offer their works for sale plus there is a book sale and refreshments. When I participated a couple years ago, I purchased a watercolor by Claudia Engel. As a matter-of-fact, she also had greeting cards featuring prints of her watercolors, which I bought. Quite beautiful. For this event, especially, I made several bracelets of Swarovski crystal, some in the picture above. They aee festive and sparkling and perfect for the holidays.



I will also show some felt jewelry like these bangles and...


perhaps these and...


maybe even an assortment of felt and bead rings.
Last time, as my contribution to the spread of tasty bits, I made that delicious hot-cranberry-concoction-over-a-brie-cheese-wheel that Sylvia made when I visited her last. Everyone loves this when I've served it. Or, should I make those little dumpling things that are Japanese seasoned chopped/shredded vegetables rolled up in softened spring roll wrappers? Hmm. It will be fun to ruminate about this all week. And I'm reminded that the little device arrived so I can take credit cards using Square on my ipod in this wifi enviornment.
If you cannot make it to the library but, wish to purchase one of these items pictured, drop me a line or give a call. I'll ship it right out and, for this holiday season, I'll make the shipping and handling FREE.
If you are in the Rochester NY area, Studio 34 Jewelry Arts Learning Center is having a Holiday Show and Sale December 4th. I've a few bracelets, cuffs and rings there.
And while we're thinking about exquisite hand crafts as gifts this holiday season, a trip to Evergreen, a gallery and shop of fine American craft, is an adventure. It is in Great Barrington MA, a destination worth the trip. Stroll the main and side streets. Shop for delicacies, clothing, toys, carpets...you name it. Dine in any one of several area restaurants. A most delightful daytrip from my hudson valley.
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment