Monday, June 7, 2010

Sunday,yesterday, was the first official day of the Bead &ButtonShow. It was sensational to meet up with so many people I love to see here. Adding to the joy, I have a chance to spend a little time with my Japanese friends and also reunite with the German beaders I met while teaching in Germany in March.
A perfectly wonderful day wrapped up with a late evening Hand Felted Bangle Bracelet class. This added session didn't sell out like the one later this week. But, it was a hearty group of a handful, so to speak, of Americans plus Wendy from Australia, Evalie from Saudi arabia and Cyndi from Nova Scotia.
Nancy Cain and I had a chance to visit briefly as she packed up to vacate the classroom I'd occupy after her. She shared with me how I will be able to accept credit cards via my iPad. This will be such a wonderful option to offer those who wish to purchase my kits on Wednesday night at Meet the Teachers event. I applied immediately and hope to have it up and running by then.
Today was chock full of tiny bursts of socializing with: European Facebook friends like Petra and Sabine; Japanese beaders Emi, Takako, Keiko, Yumiko, Kimie, and Kumiko; Laurie (of lomi lomi massage in March blog entry); Suzanne, Merle, Stacey, Mary from BSGNY; Anna, Laura, Michael and yet another Laura ( that were in Germany also at Creativa).
Motoko and I had an utterly fabulous meal at the Milwaukee Chop House. She got her dose of steak while stateside.
We're going to watch part of her new acquisition from Borders: a 3 DVD collection of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservation! Good night. More tomorrow, hopefully with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment