Saturday, June 5, 2010

Yesterday I checked into the Hyatt Regency Hotel here in Milwaukee for a week of beaded bliss with other beaders from around the globe who gather for the Bead and Button Show. Anne Lorch greeted me in the lobby and we made dinner plans. It was great to visit briefly with familiar students and other teachers as I picked up my faculty kit.
JR, the bell captain that we have come to adores and count on at the Hyatt over these 10 years of Bead and Button shows, called us a cab, as it was raining hard, to convey us the 3 blokes away to restaurant row. Our dinner at Buck Bradleys saloon and eatery was delish.

Before leaving my laptop at home, I downloaded these images into a blog post so I could tell you about them later,well, now. These are the workshops I'll be teaching this autumn for the Indiana Bead Society.


On Friday September 24, from 9 am to noon we'll bead a beaded bead and felt a bangle bracelet for it. That afternoon from 1-4 we'll felt over a wire armature that will boast a lamp worked bead on one end and bead embellishment on the other. Saturday we'll spend the day creating hand felted complex cane beads, which we'll complete as a necklace. Sunday the 26 th we'll explore several facets of a little known and, regrettably named, polygon stitch while beading pods and vines for this necklace that closes with a bead bezeled rivoli that is so lovely, you'll wear it front and center. Hope I see you there!

Well, I'm off to set up this evenings workshop in the felted beaded bangle. More later...















1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol - I took your Fireflies class last year and want you to know that every single time I wear the firefly necklace, I get compliments. Thanks!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete