Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This entry by Janne Teague is intriguing. Sure, it is bead embroidery but, the beads are added in a unique way. Really captured my interest. Hope we see more of her work.
It made my heart sing to see a felt bead in the exhibit. It is by Kim Vanantwerp, a glass beadmaker, but a felted bead none-the-less!

Sherry Serafini is always a winner in the Bead Dreams competition. Gorgeous.

Diane Hyde designs amazing jewelry and has sold fabulous findings to us under the name "designers findings" for many years.



Vanessa Walilko made a garment I would love to wear!

Sorry I couldn't take more pictures or blog a little more as all the goodness unfolded. Happily I was too wrapped up in the moments, one right after another... days full of teaching and beading and visiting and all the love.
The upshot is that I cannot wait for next year. Between now and next year's Bead & Button Show, I am thrilled that I'll be teaching once again in Germany, and Australia; hoping to finalize a European tour of teaching in Belgium, Switzerland and Holland and always dreaming of teaching in Japan again.
If you need a kit of a class I taught at Bead and Button, just call or write. I'm happy to sell you one while they last. I'll propose the Nancy Tobey Glass Bead Inpsired Lariat again and probably Fireflies at Midnight.
To my joy, the two sessions of Hand Felted Bangle Bracelet were nearly full and full, respectively, and I will propose it again as well. Hot off the press are kits for this project that include an instructional DVD, my first, along with wool, beads, recipe, and Turbo Felting Board! $80 complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment