Monday, October 5, 2009

Inspired by the rings made by polymer clay artist Ronna Sarvas Weltman, I have been creating some fanciful felt rings. In the photo, two of my newest felt rings flank a polymer ring made by Ronna .
Sunday I caught the last 3 hours of Crafts at Rhinebeck.
My mission was to purchase another garment or two by Zee Mizrahi. Taking advantage of catching Zee's booth at a quiet moment, I looked at every single item in her booth. What joy.
Leaving Zee's booth, I strolled past nearby booths. It was great to see Robin McLaughlin's newest beadwork at her booth Stonecrop Beadwork.
Robin told me about the homegrown, hand-dyed and hand-knit socks she bought at Round Barn Merino in the next building so I made that my next stop. Owner, merino sheep shepherd, dyer, knitter and all round fiber goddess Judith Giusto is a powerhouse. She had this year's hot ticket, wristers (fingerless gloves), in the most amazing patterns and colors. Her sock inventory was exhausted, except for some small/medium. She featured sweaters that are made to order in the styles on display and in "your" size. She has recently begun making felt jewelry. (See photo) She dyes the slender felt ropes and binds them to each other with wool covered wire, finishing with colored chain and toggle. We had a great visit.
Loretta Lam makes polymer bead jewelry. Her colors caught my attention and her pattern and texture combinations held it. I lingered so long she had little choice but to visit. I asked if she might consider doing a collaboration. Wouldn't that be fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment