Saturday, October 17, 2009

Today was a fabulous day at the New York Sheep and Wool Festival. It is my once a year occasion to play "Suzie Retailer" and I enjoy it very much. This is my friend Susan's last year as a vendor and we are in a celebratory mood as she clears her inventory by offering most of it at 50% off. Today we saw many books and knitting needles fly off the shelves. I sold Turbo Felting Boards, signed books and showed off my Japanese felting book. A few folks I spoke with said they might come to Kinokuniya Bookstore next Sunday, across from Bryant Park, for my booksigning, trunk show and 2-5pm workshop. It is deeply discounted to $25 and this includes materials! Call the store to reserve your space. 212-869-1700. Expect to make a felted focal bead/pendant or ornament while learning needle felting techniques. THen return November 15th, same time same place for another $25 workshop and booksigning. This time expect to dabble in traditional feltmaking while creating a felt flower. There will be a trunk show of my felt jewelry as well.
Omi Gray came by the booth to say hello. I'm hoping she and David and I can meet for dinner next weekend after my event at Kinokuniya Bookstore. Check out her great hat. One of her hats is featured in HOW WE FELT. She is a feltmaker but primarily works and teaches workshops in metal clay and beadwork.
Terrie from StarrSpun Felt came by and we enjoyed a brief visit. You may recall my post about her exhibit at Crafts on Columbus in May. She will be showcased as "Emerging Artist" at the Philadelphia Museum of Art Show next month.
Yikes, I have no link for Omi because I cannot find her website info OR HER PHONE NUMBER!!! Hope I can reach her and share her contact info with you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment