Saturday, October 10, 2009

Today's Workshop at The Bead Gallery was Ostara's Emerging Blossoms Necklace. Annette arrived wearing an amazing strand of graduated matching lampworked beads. Wow. There were 5o of these beauties in this necklace. When I asked her i she made them, she said no. Well, I speculated, and actually had the nerve to ask, if she was having an affair with a beadmaker. She explained that they were a special birthday gift from her sister, lampworker Lisa Blanchard. Special indeed. She lives in Valdez Alaska. How I would LOVE to be invited to teach in Alaska.
Here are a few of the budding blossoms on their bails. Genevieve is making a pair in hot, spicy reds for a chili pepper necklace.
We used a bezeled rivoli as the closure. Tomorrow we will bead our way through up to 18 different styles of bezeled rivolis.
Tonight's homework for me is to bezel 2 new shapes and sizes I have not worked with yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment