Saturday, October 10, 2009

Today Genevieve, queen mistress of The Bead Gallery in Salem NH and I marked our calendars for my return to teach 3 days of workshops. Mark your calendars too. Everyone voted on doing the pentagon necklace, especially for the sure-fire way it teaches cubic right angle weave. We'll do this as a 3 hour workshop on Friday April 9. Also that day we'll do a few new polygon samples we'll call More Faces of Polygon. (These beaders already did the workshop the Many Faces of Polygon.) and we'll add a 3 hour version of Bead Happy Bracelet to that day.
It still tickles me in these happy colors but, each beader will choose her own palette of bead colors and finishes.
They also chose for April to make the Marcasite Chain for Lampworked Bead. It is a fine chain woven of size 15 marcasite charlottes, evocative of those delicate chains in the jewelry store except that these include tiny seed beads in colors to enhance the focal bead.
We'll also make a floral lariat that has multiple petals of those wonderful pearls that I call "corn flake pearls". I'll provide a picture soon. It is on my ipod, I just need to get it into here.








No comments:

Post a Comment