Wednesday, October 6, 2010










Amy was working on more of the beaded components that, when connected, will complete her Tetraphyls necklace, a class she took from Phyllis Dintenfass. She paused to work one component into a beaded ring. You see, we share an affinity for artful rings. Amy's collection includes Kate McKinnon, and is there one by Dustin Tabor too?
Her own beloved husband, John Bridges, an artist known for his works composed of found objects, is creating jewelry out of skate boards. Here is one of his rings with colored pencil inlay.



We both have glass and silver beauties from Bronwen Heilman and Amy has one of Bronwen's new ones of recycled glass and rubber; plus I have a Ronna Sarvas Weltman polymer clay ring I adore. Check out Ronna's rings.




Mine is more like this style:








It inspired me to make a line of felt component rings. Here are a few.








If you NEED one of these, I can use this sweet little ipod to email pictures to you and then accept your credit card for the $50 to $90 purchase. I digress... Back to Amy's ring, here it is.








My friend Judy Spark








and I spent Sunday at Mohonk Mountain House. While I was teaching in Indianapolis, "Fiber Works", an exhibit of her work and of Elena Tobin's, opened at the Hendrick Hudson free library in, Montrose NY.
I've posted about the events I do at Mohonk each summer. And I just recently came across one of the promotional materials from one of two of their Artist Inspirational weekends when I taught there:








If you haven't been, the grounds are lovely. Hike the well maintained trails, scramble the mountainside or stroll through the gardens.








The colors and shapes of nature provide me endless inspiration for both my feltings and beadwork.

















The blossom above would be fun to capture in beads.
So I must get back to work on that new piece I'm designing with the dagger and firepolish bead stash I just invested in yesterday at York Beads, my favvvvvvorite. I know some great stuff is gonna happen in the studio class tonight that I'll want to share. Until then...

Posted using BlogPress from my iPod


No comments:

Post a Comment